Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cucumbers, peppers and 3 bean soup

Today has been a busy day, despite the fact that I have had a migraine all blooming day. I woke up, made a simple breakfast of lightly fried mushrooms, sweet peppers, onions and eggs over steamed rice. It looked a little odd, but man was it good.

I ran to town to buy freezer bags as I discovered I had lots of food on the fridge that would go bad before I could use it. I then spent the afternoon chopping up 3 varieties ( 5 colors) of peppers, and made bags to freeze. Some have onions added in them. Figured I can just grab a bag and add it into a stir fry or soup!

Apparently we have 5 more cucumbers ready in our garden. Not sure if we will eat them as salad, sliced, or if I will make lemon cucumbers (which by the way is FABULOUS).

Have potatoes and carrots ready in the garden. The salad is about done for the year. The beats have a bit longer.

Did three loads of laundry too. Have to do the dishes.

SOUPS CALLING!!!

Have a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment